Rainbow Body Discovery Tour
This tour is for the Thinking Profession, theologians, philosophers, scientists, scholars, educators and so forth. The inaugural journey is planned for June 20- 30, 2019. China’s relaxation of religious persecution and many improvements to infrastructure have opened up Eastern Tibet badlands creating an opportunity for Westerners to experience the unique Tibetan culture and better understand the rainbow body phenomenon. Rainbow body overlaps into Christian resurrection doctrine and is something Christian teaching will have to address, sooner or later. With incidents of rainbow body on the rise, further expansion of Buddhism into the West and lightening fast electronic communication capability, sooner is better than later.
Take the tour. Stand at the actual spots where bodily dissolutions took place. Experience the lingering emotion, see the sincere respect and devotion that is paid to those who achieved the ultimate spiritual perfection, talk to eye-witnesses and practitioners, visit a University and Retreat Center where people actually learn to die without leaving a corpse behind. Along the way, absorb the beautiful, peaceful Tibetan culture. Bring your camera, a warm jacket and altitude sickness meds (if needed) but leave behind all of your preconceived notions of the nature of reality. With this tour, discover what reality is all about
Rainbow Body Tour
- Day 1: Meet in Chengdu. Free day from long flight. Visit Wenshu Monastery. Welcome dinner and briefing. Overnight at Tibet Hotel
- Day 2: Breakfast and morning briefing. Six hour drive to Barkham, stopping for tour of Qiang Minority Village and Dzoky Old House. Overnight in Barkham
- Day 3: Breakfast and morning briefing. Six hour drive to Ganzi, stopping at Tuki Chenpo Town and Avalokiteshvara Temple. Overnight in Ganzi.
- Day 4: Breakfast and morning briefing. Drive to Nharong Lemo Monastery, site of Khenpo A-Chö rainbow body. Afternoon free. Overnight in Ganzi
- Day 5: Breakfast and morning briefing. Drive to Yarchin Gar, site of Lama Akhyuk rainbow body. Overnight in Ganzi.
- Day 6: Breakfast and morning briefing. Drive to Dzogchen Monastery. Visit monastery, temple, University, Rainbow Body Retreat Center and meditation caves. Overnight in Monastery guest house.
- Day 7: Return to Ganzi. Afternoon free time. Overnight in Ganzi
- Day 8: Drive to Barkham, visit monastery (TBD) on way. Overnight in Barkham.
- Day 9: Return to Chengdu. Overnight at Airport Hotel
- Day 10: Return flight to USA
Cost is $2,915 USA per traveler, excluding international airfare. Single room supplement is $400 USA. Except for three dinners (Day 1, Day 11 and Tibetan Home), a picnic and one breakfast (Day 2), meals are not included. Tips for drivers and guide, personal costs (mini-bar, laundry, etc.) or medical expenses are likewise not included.
Transfer from Chengdu Airport on arrival to Tibet Hotel is included. Transfer to airport on return is by hotel shuttle service.
Payment schedule: 40% by March 13, 2019; remainder by April 29, 2019.
Refund Policy (Cancel by):
- April 17 – 20% of total charged as penalty
- April 27 – 35%
- May 7 – 50%
- May 17 – 80%
- After May 17 – No refund
Chinese Visa Required. With down payment, each traveler will receive an invitation letter which, along with valid passport, can be used to acquire required Visa. This could take 2-3 weeks.
Tour Operator is Kham Trek, Chengdu China.
United Airlines offers non-stop service from San Francisco to Chengdu.